- Happy December! This year is going by so quickly. We are planning some fun events in December, and would like to invite you to join us at our concert December 13th. We are planning an evening show at 6:30pm, and will offer a matinee in the afternoon at 1:40pm. We realize many families have a large number of relatives wishing to attend. We encourage those who are able, to take advantage of our matinee performance as it typically has more seating available, and we are limited by the capacity of our gym. We are also planning some carol singing on December 8, 15 and 22 at 2:30pm.
- Winter is approaching! Please make sure that your child comes to school dressed appropriately for the upcoming winter weather. e.g., warm coat, hat, mittens/gloves, boots, snow pants. Students should also have a pair of "indoor shoes" appropriate for the classroom and phys.ed. so we are able to maintain a safe environment. Thanks for your support.
Inclement Weather Procedures
- There may be times during the school year where inclement weather or other situations could cause bus or school cancellations. Inclement Weather Information can be found on the DSBN website, Twitter Feed or by clicking on the link below.
Breakfast ClubWith support from school council and student volunteers, we have started a breakfast club to run in the morning before school, between 8:30am and 9:00am each day. This club is open, free of charge, to any student who wants to attend. Our goal is providing nutritious food and an opportunity to socialize and connect. We are encouraging all students to attend, even if it is a second breakfast! It is a great chance for our students to connect and build community. We are also looking for more volunteers to help us staff the program. Please let me know if you have any questions. The little "kitchen" downstairs is our "home base" for food and food prep.
- Thank-you to everyone who came to our last school council meeting. This venue is a great opportunity to find out what is happening in the school and work together to come up with ideas that support our students. Please join us at our next meeting Tuesday, January 23, 2017 at 6:00pm-7:15pm
Krispy Kreme Update from School Council
- We haven’t sold our maximum of 400 boxes of doughnuts yet, so you can still order! However, Krispy Kreme in Mississauga can only accommodate an order of 400 dozen so we want to make families aware so no one is disappointed. Although 400 dozen is a huge number, we are well on the way to reaching our limit. We are extremely sorry if there any disappointed doughnut eaters out there and we are still hopeful everyone will get their doughnut fix this Christmas.
The Good News is that due to the success of this fundraiser and the love of doughnuts in Stevensville, we will consider doing this fundraiser again in the spring.
Thank you in advance for the understanding of our parents and staff as we navigate this new fundraiser! We are so excited to see the funds we are raising get put to good use in our school.
Gift Card Fundraiser
- Our gift card fundraiser is back. Extra order forms are available at the office. Please make sure all completed order forms are returned with payment to the school no later then Tuesday, December 12 at 9am. In order to ensure delivery before the break, we will not be able to accept any later orders. Thank-you for your continued support in our fundraising efforts.