- Here is the online game we focused on in class
- Then there were other online games as well, some more socially based
- while others are about disaster relief:
- Some focus on team building
- or an election duel
- And some games are low-tech but can get the point across with only the instructions online.
- Regardless of topic, using games can be an effective way to immerse people into the conflict arena. This can help them better understand current conflicts, complex social issues and team-building, highlighting how there are no easy solutions or answers.
As we discussed in class, organizations create these games to educate and elucidate an issue, and also to suggest a point of view. Game design limits some of elements and factors in a real life scenario, but users can at the very least expect to be exposed to some of the main themes in a conflict or social issue that defies simplistic solutions.