- Here's early Twitter reaction to this big news:
- — 1mermaidgirl (@1mermaidgirl)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:48:58Think you have union rights? What Happens if there’s no NLRB? - NH Labor News http://nhlabornews.com/2013/01/think-you-have-union-rights/ …om/201NHLABOR_NEWSou-have-union-rights/ via @NHLabor_News
- — Sean Hackbarth (@seanhackbarth)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:51:00
- — Tom Wellborn (@TLW3)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:50:57RT @markknoller: WH says it "respectfully but strongly disagrees" with Appeals Court ruling on unconstitutionality of "recess appointments" of 3 NLRB members
- — dihoppy (@dihoppy)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:50:08RT @jbendery: Carney says NLRB court ruling is "novel and unprecedented." Also says it has "no bearing on Richard Cordray" recess appt to CFPB.
- — Kyle Olson (@kyleolson4)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:50:05
- — Peter D Lederer (@plederer)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:49:42
- — HuffPost Politics (@HuffPostPol)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:49:29RT @jbendery: Eric Cantor just sent out a statement heralding the court ruling on NLRB and CFPB. There is no CFPB ruling!
- — Ray Syrcle (@RSyrc14)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:47:27RT @seanmdav: That sound you hear is a stampede of lawyers rushing to file suits invalidating every single CFPB reg. under new NLRB/recess ruling.
- — ChadJSullivan (@ChadJSullivan)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:41:32President Obama's recess appointments to the NLRB were ruled unconstitutionally invalid today. The Board now lacks a quorum to act.
- — Youngmin Yi (@youngmin_yi)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:34:39
- — Lola Lady (@MrsDavy5807)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:33:07RT @NicholsUprising: Why filibuster reform was needed: R senators obstructed NLRB picks. Obama did recess appointments. R judges block them. @thenation @WeGotEd
- — The NLJ (@NationalLawJrnl)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:32:07In sweeping ruling, D.C. Circuit declares NLRB appointments unconstitutional: A federal appeals court in Washing... http://bit.ly/10UcbAI I
- — The Washington Post (@washingtonpost)Fri, Jan 25 2013 17:20:54Court: Obama violated Constitution when he bypassed Senate to fill vacancies on NLRB http://wapo.st/WVCjW7 7
- — El Chaddo (@ElChaddoGordo)Fri, Jan 25 2013 22:46:49
- — Ted Allen (@tedallenJD)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:48:18
- — Leslie Miller (@Elzinor)Fri, Jan 25 2013 19:48:152 congressmen say NLRB decision will be overruled http://teamsternation.blogspot.com/2013/01/ruh-roh-court-sides-with-kochs-in-nlrb.html …n.teamsterscounion3/01/ruh-roh-court-sides-with-kochs-in-nlrb.html #teamsters #union
Reaction: Court Says Obama's NLRB Appointments Unconstitutional
Today a circuit court of appeals ruled that President Obama's recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board in January 2012 were unconstitutional. You can read or download the full decision in the case - Canning v. NLRB - below:
byJD Supra Law News109 Views