In a hurry?
See all best-rated Shark Vacuums Here
Shark Navigator Vacuum Cleaner versus the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner – Which is Better?
- In recent years, a manufacturer called Dyson revolutionized the vacuum cleaner market by developing a bagless model which maintains suction power even as dirt accumulates in the bin. The product is now being challenged by a similar product called the Shark navigator vacuum cleaner. We'll review these two vacuums and try to determine which one is better.
Read Shark Navigator Pros and Cons Here.
- The Shark navigator vacuum cleaner has been promoted very heavily on cable television ads. It does not yet have the name recognition of Dyson. However this product sells for around half the cost of a comparatively featured Dyson model.
The Shark vacuum weighs only 15 pounds but it does offer impressive performance. There are no bags which need replacement; the suction stays strong throughout a vacuuming session; and the filters only need to be replaced twice a year. In addition the product has the same five year warranty as a Dyson product.
- So in answering the basic question regarding which product is better, I would have to say it is pretty much a tie. If you compare both products side by side there is almost no difference whatsoever in terms of its cleaning ability, ease of use, and the warranty coverage.
The only major difference found was in the cost. A Shark navigator costs about $200 while a similar Dyson model goes for almost $500.
- So why do people still buy a Dyson model? Well when there is that kind of price difference, many people still believe there is a clear difference in performance. After all, they reason how can anyone justify all that extra cost if the performance is the same?
Also Dyson has a very well known and respected name. There is almost a status symbol attached to owning one of these products. So some consumers like this and want to know that they own a world class product.
- Dyson is still a much more recognized brand so consumers may feel that the company will be around to support them for some time to come. They may not want to risk having a problem with the Shark brand and then be unable to get it serviced if the company doesn't stay in business.
But in actually the company behind the Shark Navigator seems to be solid and steady. Therefore as I see it, you should consider this product because you will get the same level of performance but at a much lower price.