- Update: Shortly after 6 p.m. Time Warner Cable officials announced the problem had been fixed.
Following the blackout, TWC's help account on Twitter issued this statement:
- — TWC Help (@TWC_Help)Sun, Feb 02 2014 16:46:02@TWC_SoCal LA Customers: We're investigating an issue w/KTTV (FoxSD) feed. FoxHD appears to be OK. We're working to resolve ASAP. ^KT
These were some reactions:
- — John Blanchard (@theblanchard)Sun, Feb 02 2014 17:39:04Thousands of party-goers across LA county forced into small talk due to Time Warner cable outage during Super Bowl.
- — margauxmonet (@margauxmonet)Sun, Feb 02 2014 17:40:35Time Warner cable out in Chatsworth. We called customer service 3 times and the phone hang up. Now we can't watch the Super Bowl. UPSET.
- — Danielle Lookabill (@danielle00013)Sun, Feb 02 2014 17:38:14Dear Time Warner Cable, I would greatly appreciate you turning the Super Bowl back on. I don't enjoy watching a black screen!
- — Lizzy Aguilar (@starchica21)Sun, Feb 02 2014 17:41:25Time Warner Cable I think this deserves another 3 months of free showtime!!! You messing with my tv time lol @TTWC_SoCal