- The drama was palpable:
- — Nick Wagoner (@nwagoner)Sat, May 10 2014 23:11:57An absolutely historic moment for Michael Sam and the St. Louis Rams. Chill down the spine type of stuff being in this building for it.
- — Amy Bessoir (@amybessoir)Sat, May 10 2014 23:11:52So that was definitely a conspiracy between the NFL GMs and ESPN to boost ratings through the entire draft coverage, right? #MichaelSam
- — St. Louis Rams (@STLouisRams)Sun, May 11 2014 00:08:42Fisher referring to Michael Sam & Kenny Washington: "This is the second historic moment in the history of this franchise." #RamsDraft
- From Michael Sam's Twitter account:
- Former NFL punter and gay rights activist Chris Kluwe had this to say:
- — Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft)Sat, May 10 2014 22:41:05I have this mental image of Goodell right now slowly banging his head onto his desk while muttering "Goddammit" over and over.
- 'All the homophobes heads just exploded':
- — Jacob Hernandez (@HernandezJacob4)Sat, May 10 2014 23:21:05I hate how it's "gross" for michael sam to kiss his significant other but okay for straight ppl just bc its normal.
- — Baylin Trujillo 5⃣ (@Btru_5)Sat, May 10 2014 23:27:58Michael Sam, I'm sorry, but you are the first player I am rooting against and I hope you get cut! Making out with your bf..... GROSS
- — Jonathan Holliday (@SamuelLFratson)Sat, May 10 2014 23:15:19So what that ESPN showed Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend? If you're secure in your own sexuality, it shouldn't bother you. Grow up..
- Some used this as a opportunity to begin a discussion:
Michael Sam drafted by St. Louis Rams: The kiss, the call, the reactions
The St. Louis Rams drafted former Mizzou star Michael Sam in the seventh round of the NFL draft on Saturday, May 10, 2014, marking the first time an openly gay athlete has been selected by a pro football team. Sam was breaking down in tears on the phone. These are reactions posted to Twitter.
byInside SoCal Sports7 Likes1,572 Views