- At first it could seem as though our small conference (with fewer than 350 students) will be nothing like THIMUN (one ofthe biggest conferences, held in the Hague), BERMUN (Berlin) or PAMUN (Paris). And you're right!Why?
Because it's our goal to create a completely new MUN experience!
- Now, our Secretary Genarals said in your invitation letters that:"This will be our very first year hosting a conference and we eagerly await participants from various countries in Europe. In the spirit of collaboration, our conference staff is made up of dedicated members of the MUN clubs of our two schools. We are working together to provide you with an exciting, enriching and enjoyable conference. We have received support by the Rhône-Alpes Region, including the use of meeting rooms in the home of the Region, a modern building in the new Confluence area of the city."
- This is how stuff was done 15 years ago:
- If you actually survived watching more than 5 minutes of this video, you're interest in ILYMUN may have dropped dramatically... HAVE NO FEAR!ILYMUN is going to be entirely different from any other conference ever held!
- Picture THIMUN. 3,500 delegates from all around the globe. It's insane but it can get overwhelming!
- However, that's not what we're about. THIMUN may be one of the most mind-blowing experiences, but when you're dealing with almost four thousand people, its not logistically possible to do certain things.
- In fact, a bunch of us went there! (ILYMUN Secretary General on the left):
- With ILYMUN, we really believe that it's size will be it's greatest strength. More memorable, connected, and unique than any conference you've ever attended.
- Heard of Lyon?
- Great, neither had I before moving here! It turns out that lots of things happen around here. In addition to the fabulous french cuisine that the city is most famous for, you'll find this:
- But also this:
- And that:
- It's a beautiful city with a lot things going on, as well as thousands of nooks and cranny's to explore.What we're doing is trying to bring delegates closer together. At ILYMUN, you're not just going to debate nuclear policy with random people, we're going to create an atmosphere where you're going to MEET the people you're debating with. Getting to know people from around Europe and fostering relationships is one of our top priorities.Everyone you meet at ILYMUN has a common interest with you: MUN! Just signing up shows that you are interested in whats going on around the world so don't be afraid to share your opinions and be open to what others have to say. You’ll be exploring solutions to the world's problems, and potentially meeting your future lover, all at the same time!ILYMUN will let you meet people that might change your life forever. Human relationships are essential for prosperity and we think that actually getting to know other cultures and people is just as important as using the third-person when speaking in debate.
- "From personal experience, people who do MUN are some of the most interesting people I’ve ever met and I still talk to people I met at conferences from years back"-Ben Nicolas (also on the photo: middle right), fellow veteran delegate and part of our organizational team.
However, all these benefits will not fall from the sky. The only way you can truly enjoy everything ILYMUN has to offer is if YOU get involved.
At the end of the day, the whole experience will only be as good as you want it to be. You are the key to forging a great conference. So we implore you to get involved, meet people, get out of your comfort zone and try new things. We guarantee you’ll be Googling for more MUN conferences to attend next year or signing up to come back to this!Mathias and Ben - Press and Communication Team