- D&C Days is held each year in the middle weekend of the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Amid the formal climate negotiations, D&C Days offers an opportunity for policymakers, researchers and practitioners to meet informally to explore key issues and ideas for future action in dynamic sessions that encourage dialogue.
- Here's what happened on the first day:
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 08:41:57
- On to day two!
- D&C Days may take place away from the formal COP23 negotiations, but the conversations remain connected. The first panel of the day assessed the progress of the talks in relation to the four key themes of the event (resilience through empowerment and access; valuing lived experience, and local knowledge; transparency and downward accountability; and shared resilience).
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:05:08The emphasis in current COP negotiations has shifted from negotiating to implementing on the ground - practitioners should be given centre stage! @SaleemulHuq repeats his 'inside-out COP' message --> https://www.iied.org/local-voice-must-take-pride-place-dc-calls-for-inside-out-cop … #DCdays17 #COP23
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:06:14
- — Andrew Norton (@andynortondev)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:25:00
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:12:34
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:23:47Watch @SaleemulHuq discuss the different atmosphere between the Bonn and Bula zones at #COP23 in more detail --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KldL0XP93g … #DCdays17 https://twitter.com/IIED/status/929638035947442177 …
- — Denise Matias (@MatiasDMargaret)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:13:41
- — Bruce Currie-Alder (@curriealder)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:19:34
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:15:14
- — IIED (@IIED)Sun, Nov 12 2017 09:25:08"We need to open the doors for NGOs and local communities” in the face of bureaucracy of climate negotiations, says Ruth Spencer, negotiator from Antigua and Barbuda #DCdays17 https://twitter.com/ban_tom123/status/929640361697390592 …
Development & Climate Days 2017 (day two)
The second day of this year's D&C Days at the climate change talks in Bonn, Germany, saw discussions ranging from the progress of the COP23 negotiations to climate migration and communications. Here's what happened, with key messages, photos and video coverage:
byInternational Institute for Environment and Development1 Like147 Views