- D&C Days is held each year in the middle weekend of the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Amid the formal climate negotiations, D&C Days offers an opportunity for policymakers, researchers and practitioners to meet informally to explore key issues and ideas for future action in dynamic sessions that encourage dialogue.
- — IIED (@IIED)Sat, Nov 11 2017 08:13:33We have four themes around building climate resilience: *Resilience through empowerment and access *Valuing lived experience, and local knowledge *Transparency & downward accountability, and *Shared resilience #DCdays17 https://twitter.com/IIED/status/929259238697984000 …
- The day began with an introduction from Imme Scholz, deputy director of the German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut fürEntwicklungspolitik (DIE). This was followed by a storytelling session.
- — Megan Rowling (@meganrowling)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:01:29
- — IIED (@IIED)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:15:20We have to become accustomed to speaking with people who may not agree with us, who may not understand us - @EdwardJCameron. More on how we need shared resilience to address our shared climate risk --> http://www.wbcsd.org/Overview/News-Insights/General/News/Working-together-to-manage-climate-risk … #DCDays17 https://twitter.com/clareshakya/status/929275150046023680 …
- — Climate Centre (@RCClimate)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:12:53
- The first session saw the event open with some scene-setting, exploring the four themes and how they relate to the plans and the priorities of the UNFCCC.
- — IIED (@IIED)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:36:57The leaders of the four themes on building climate resilience at #DCDays17 --> https://www.iied.org/development-climate-days-2017 … @mauricesadlier, @EdwardJCameron, @SiMacAnderson & @gagnonsandra1 https://twitter.com/Reeseness/status/929279796898664448 …
- — Zilient.org (@GetZilient)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:10:17
- — alertnetclimate (@alertnetclimate)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:20:53
- — IIED (@IIED)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:18:13See how local governments in the drylands of Kenya, Mali, Senegal and Tanzania are devpolving #climatefinance & establishing local-level climate adaptation funds --> https://www.iied.org/local-climate-finance-funding-community-prioritised-adaptation … #DCdays17 https://twitter.com/meganrowling/status/929275074615668742 …
- — Megan Rowling (@meganrowling)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:28:19
- — alertnetclimate (@alertnetclimate)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:25:50
- — Vicky Sword-Daniels (@vickyestee)Sat, Nov 11 2017 09:28:28
Development & Climate Days (day one)
More than 250 policymakers, researchers and development practitioners attended the opening day of this year's D&C Days at the climate change talks in Bonn, Germany, which explored four key themes towards building climate resilience for all. Here's what happened:
byInternational Institute for Environment and Development1 Like143 Views