- There was lots of support in the run up to the Bill debate...
- — Women's Aid (@womensaid)Fri, Dec 16 2016 08:47:10“It's vital that MPs vote to ratify #IstanbulConvention to end violence against women today” http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/feminism/what-is-the-istanbul-convention-mps-vote-whip-corbyn-domestic-violence-women … via @StylistMagazine
- — EverydaySexism (@EverydaySexism)Mon, Dec 12 2016 16:21:41We Must Act Now On The Istanbul Convention http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/laura-bates/istanbul-convention_b_13581328.html?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004 … @ICChangeUK via @HuffPostUKPol
- — Cathy Newman (@cathynewman)Thu, Dec 15 2016 15:50:45Announcing she'll ratify the #IstanbulConvention tomorrow would prove @theresa_may meant what she said about justice http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/cathy-newman-theresa-may-needs-to-get-back-to-championing-women-s-causes-a3421106.html …
- — Harriet Harman (@HarrietHarman)Thu, Dec 15 2016 14:47:10
- — Fawcett Society (@fawcettsociety)Fri, Dec 16 2016 11:28:22
- — SophieWalker (@SophieRunning)Fri, Dec 16 2016 07:46:19Today's the day. Let's act to save women's lives. http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/12/mps-have-chance-save-womens-lives-week … @WEP_UK @EilidhWhiteford @ICChangeUK #changeherstory
- Not least from The. Emma. Watson.
- — Emma Watson (@EmmaWatson)Thu, Dec 15 2016 19:59:21I have signed the @Independent's open letter and I urge all UK MPs to vote to ratify the Istanbul Convention tomorrow. https://twitter.com/Independent/status/809486740381724672 …
- After hassling our MPs for months, we were pretty excited to come together in Parliament.
- — Scottish Women's Aid (@scotwomensaid)Fri, Dec 16 2016 08:11:40
- — Rachel Adamson (@Arnottson)Fri, Dec 16 2016 08:47:40
- — Ruthie Whincop (@RuthieMarigold)Fri, Dec 16 2016 09:02:21
- Finally the debate kicked off, led by Eilidh Whiteford MP...
- — Ruthie Whincop (@RuthieMarigold)Fri, Dec 16 2016 09:43:22
- — IC Change (@ICChangeUK)Fri, Dec 16 2016 09:54:58
Changing Herstory: The #ICBill Debate
The Government signed the Istanbul Convention on ending violence against women & domestic violence 4 years ago. We were tired of waiting for them to ratify it. Luckily, Eilidh Whiteford MP was ready with a Private Members Bill to hurry them along. All we had to do was get 100 MPs there on the day.