- The hunt started on Wednesday, Feb. 26, where we were supposed to answer ten questions, post the answers on Twitter including pictures in some instances and employ vine in one of the answers.
- This was our first question, ask a professor about his opinion in social media and its impact on social change. Here, Dr. Firas Al-Atraqchi replied that social media enabled the masses in the process of news report. Actually Dr. Al-Atraqchi was really helpful in his explanation, as he hold a pen and a paper and kept explaining to me the dynamics of social media and social change.
- Then came our next task, to ask a student on campus about his news sources and whether he uses social media in the process. So, we came upon Ahmed Hamzawy, who apparently not interested in news as he doesn't follow them, although he do use social media.
- The third question was quite creative, as we were required to photo and quote how AUC contributes to research or learning, so we kept searching for staff working in the research center, but the president was on a meeting and luckily we found Mrs. Susan Mardini, the Director of Graduate Students who gave us an insight on research and also told us an interesting information that she was the mother of the famous artist Youssra El Louzy who attended AUC herself.
- After that, we had to find something interesting that not a lot of people at AUC know about it. Fortunately, as I was working before in Rare books library, I knew that the original version of "L' Description de l'Egypte was available at AUC library and that it's accessible for students who are doing research on something related to it, only after filling a form, although I got the chance to see the book while I was working there.
- As we were on our way to the sports complex to quote and photo about the sports facilities at AUC, we met Dalia Fahmy, which is an athlete in fencing, and she didn't like the facilities at the sports complex, as they didn't provide her with the proper equipment to practice the sport she's good at, as she said that she's a professional and that she went to competitions before.
- The question follows is about quoting and photographing something or someone exemplifying the various activities at AUC, although we tried various students before Mostafa Shams, but most of them couldn't grasp what we mean by the school spirit, or kept asking us what should we say, till we found Shams who was nice enough to express his point of view regarding AUC's school spirit as cheerful as possible.
- After that, we rushed to the food court as we were trying to photo and quote someone about his favorite eating spot at AUC, where we found Mahmoud Khalil who approved to let us photograph him eating from his favorite food outlet, McDonald's..
- We also had to make a video through vine answering one of the questions. Apparently, we made the video about the previous question we already answered by mistake. One of the cons about Twitter Scavenger Hunt that you get dizzy at the end and repeat the questions or even forget some of the questions instead.
- Finally, the last question was about photographing a scenic spot on campus, as we picked the picture, we forgot to mention in the tweet that it is located next to the library where you can find L'Aroma cafe.
- The tweets I chose from other universities who completed TSH assignment and commented on it through using the hash-tag of #JRLWeb.
- — hania elkady (@haniaelkady)Sun, May 04 2014 10:32:38
- — hania elkady (@haniaelkady)Sun, May 04 2014 09:18:58
Twitter Scavenger Hunt
The hunt took place on Wednesday, Feb. 26 during the class session. A beneficial exercise if you want to get used to Twitter and boost your interpersonal skills through stopping people for answers and photos.