- Democrat Doug Jones has won the US Senate seat for Alabama after a bitter campaign against Republican Roy Moore. Mr Moore, who believes that homosexual activity should be illegal, was dogged by allegations of sexual misconduct with teenage girls during his campaign.
- — Liesl Gerntholtz (@LieslHRW)Wed, Dec 13 2017 03:47:34I’m calling this for #metoo. Tide is turning, slowly, against sexual harassment and violence. Women won’t be silenced. #AlabamaSenate https://twitter.com/ap_politics/status/940784870229463040 …
- — Alyssa Rosenberg (@AlyssaRosenberg)Wed, Dec 13 2017 03:43:13The women who shared their stories about Roy Moore with my colleagues at @washingtonpost are incredibly brave. I hope they feel safe and vindicated tonight.
- Moor e
- — Merriam-Webster (@MerriamWebster)Tue, Dec 12 2017 15:45:01'Feminism' was looked up 70% more in 2017 than in 2016. And it was looked up a ton in 2016. For more on our #WordOfTheYear pick: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/woty2017-top-looked-up-words-feminism …
- — Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth)Wed, Dec 13 2017 09:23:03EU's funding and training Libyan Coast Guard to retain migrants--something EU knows is illegal to do directly--makes EU complicit in keeping migrants in nightmarish detention conditions. http://bit.ly/2BW6MhK
"Women Won't Be Silenced": Daily Brief
byHuman Rights Watch425 Views