Environmental Excellence Winners to be Honored Tonight
The 2017 Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Award winners will be honored at the Environmental Excellence Awards Gala this evening in conjunction with CleanMed. We look forward to celebrating this year’s honorees:
Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award Honorees
Circles of Excellence Honorees
Greenhealth Emerald Award Honorees
Greenhealth Partner for Change Award Honorees
System for Change Award Honorees
Greening the OR Leadership Award Winner
Greening the OR Recognition Award Honorees
Making Medicine Mercury Free Award Honorees
Partner Recognition Award Honorees
See you at 5:30 pm for the reception and 6:30 pm for gala dinner in the Hilton Minneapolis Grand Ballroom.
Honoring Excellence Throughout the DayThis morning: Hear Hero Award Recipient Present
This afternoon: Celebrate Changemakers at Closing Plenary
- Each year at CleanMed, Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth recognize individuals whose professional accomplishments have significantly contributed to advances in environmental health science or policy.
The Environmental Health Hero Award, the Charlotte Brody Award, and the Stephanie Davis Award are granted to extraordinary professionals in their field, advocates and activists who deepen our understanding of the critical links between health and the environment, proactively promote and protect environmental health, and those in health care organizations who work to “green” health care. These individuals will be honored during the closing plenary at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Environmental Health Hero Award recipient: Dong-Chun Shin, Seoul, Korea
Don’t miss Shin speaking about green design and green hospital programs in Korea at 9 a.m. today in room 200D.
Charlotte Brody Award recipient: Beth Schenk, Spokane, Wash.
Stephanie Davis Award recipients:
- Stacey Kreger, Baltimore, Md.
- Diana Williams, Ashland, Ky.
- Julie Cornwell, Tampa, Fla.
- Sneha Singh, Minneapolis, Minn.
Learn more about our awards and honorees.
- Minneapolis Foodie’s Guide to Conscientious Culinary Cravings at CleanMed
- This year, leaders in sustainable health care gather at CleanMed in the vibrant city of Minneapolis. Amongst the many topics explored at CleanMed is the sourcing and serving of healthy, local, and sustainably-produced foods. In addition to food for thought, CleanMed offers an opportunity to explore the burgeoning food culture of Minneapolis.
Within walking distance of the conference venue, attendees will find a multitude of co-ops, food trucks, restaurants, breweries, and farmers markets sure to satisfy every craving from morning coffee to healthy snacks and regional and exotic cuisine.
Read on for a mouth-watering guided tour by Minneapolis-based foodie and Member Engagement Manager Iqbal Mian as he shares his favorite local food finds.
- New Video: Europe’s Safer Pharma Campaign
- Got four minutes? Check out — and share — this animated short from Health Care Without Harm-Europe on preventing pharmaceutical pollution.
The new video features targeted tips for clinicians, patients, pharmaceutical companies, and politicians.New Video: Europe’s Safer Pharma Campaign