- Learning, training, and schooling are forever linked. They share some core elements of course but the differences in the learner, purpose and approach can be very different.
- In this week’s GuildChat we look at what L&D with it’s emphasis on performance improvement can bring to improve education and how education can offer ideas to influence how L&D approaches it’s efforts in training and supporting workers. What are those techniques, tools and strategies that should be embraced and which should be jettisoned.
- — eLearning Guild (@eLearningGuild)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:04:53Q1. What were the best parts of your formal education? How can organizational learning leverage this? #GuildChat
- — Clark Quinn (@Quinnovator)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:06:25a1) working on an apprenticeship with faculty doing real research. Need more of this model, not rote/arbitrary tests #Guildchat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/913826933187727360 …
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:07:26A1 I was lucky to have some amazing teachers over the years who helped get me excited about topics & understand them better #GuildChat
- — Learning Karyn (@KarynLearning)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:07:30
- — Mary E Gutwein (@MaryGMSEd)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:08:13A1a My masters in Online Learning and Teaching showed me that (A) I love the education and learning & B) People learn differently #GuildChat
- — Alexis Scott (@elearningalexis)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:08:35
- — JD 👨🏻💻 (@JD_Dillon)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:08:40A1) Internships. Give people practice and stretch assignments. DO IT. Don't just LEARN IT. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/913826933187727360 …
- — Kristen HaydenSafdie (@KristenLearning)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:11:42
- — Kristen HaydenSafdie (@KristenLearning)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:08:52Applying the concepts I learned in projects that were important to me. A corollary there is encouraging otj application. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/elearningguild/status/913826933187727360 …
- — urbie delgado (@urbie)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:09:24#guildchat A1 Formally speaking, the best part was walking, and my kids seeing that even an old man, their’s could remake himself better.
- — Hey, it's Myra (@myramade)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:09:30
- — Melissa Milloway (@MelMilloway)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:09:41A1 Mine had to be student critiques during my graphic design classes. We need more collab/feedback sessions. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/913826933187727360 …
- — Mary E Gutwein (@MaryGMSEd)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:09:49a1b Organizational Learning could make more effort to realize that people learn differently. Still seeing a lot of death by PPT #GuildChat
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:11:04A million times this! When you have great teachers/coaches/mentors, learning can be a joy. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/Craig_Sybert/status/913828244637483012 …
- — Learning Karyn (@KarynLearning)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:13:49
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Sep 29 2017 18:10:17A1 I was luck in grad school to have tons of practical assignments. Reminds me the great content relates to real world use #GuildChat
#GuildChat for 9/29/17: What Can L&D and Academia Learn From Each Other?
A collection of this week's tweets from #GuildChat