- Technology changes fast and this speed of change impacts those used by learning professionals just as much as the consumer market.
Authorware, Flash and Second Life come to mind as some of the pioneering technologies that faded from glory or simply became obsolete. As we look at the current learning technology landscape we see extinction and evolution each year with new ones appear and some just on the horizon. Given this rapid change and the impact it can have on your solutions, how does a learning professional make smart decisions, anticipate when the shift is happening and identify what’s next?
Join us this week as we look at those technologies teetering and those demonstrating amazing resilience in the marketplace as we discuss what’s been and what’s next for learning technologies
- — eLearning Guild (@eLearningGuild)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:04:01Q1. What new technologies are you most excited about right now? What makes them so appealing to you? #GuildChat
- — Anthony Altieri (@aa_altieri)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:04:57A1) would it be cliched if I said #xAPI Cause it lets us not only record just about anything, but report on it as well. #guildchat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/916363430344495104 …
- — Meg Bertapelle (@megbertapelle)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:05:35A1. pretty excited abt augmented & virtual reality at the mo b/c I'm getting a demo of smtg applicable to da Vinci System trng! #guildchat
- — urbie delgado (@urbie)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:06:40#guildchat A1a The widespread availability of mobil3 apps excites me lots. They enable really rapid prototyping & making learning visible..
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:07:24A1 I'm pretty excited about what VR can do for scenarios. Both excited and a bit terrified of the potential of machine learning #GuildChat
- — Jeroen (@jeroen69)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:07:33A1. I’m keeping an eye on HR-type apps that support performance management;linking indiv goals to business objectives (easier) #guildchat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/916363430344495104 …
- — Jeremy Pearce (@Jeremy_Learns)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:08:12
- — Bethany Bovard (@bethanybovard)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:08:24
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:09:07A1 I also continue to love how smartphones are constantly getting better cameras. The more I can shoot with them, the better #GuildChat
- — Meg Bertapelle (@megbertapelle)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:09:49
- — Bianca Woods (@eGeeking)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:10:58
- — Elizabeth Hutchinson (@Elizabethutch)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:15:52Joinin in A1 new tech i'm excited about is flipgrid and padlet opening the doors of he classroom. #guildchat
- — Sam Rogers (@snapsynapse)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:50:55A1. xAPI because it is the key to all knowledge about knowledge (or will be, I hope) #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/916363430344495104 …
- — Christine Locher (@ChristineLocher)Fri, Oct 06 2017 18:56:40Want to see more what VR and immersive responsive environments can do. Not always convinced but wanna have a play 😊 #GuildChat https://twitter.com/elearningguild/status/916363430344495104 …
#GuildChat for 10/6/17: Learning Technologies: Which Will Stay, Go and Which Will Grow?
A collection of this week's tweets from #GuildChat