- Here in the US we just celebrated Independence Day, which sparks this week’s conversation around the idea of learning independence and employee/learner autonomy in organizational learning.
- As more and more content can be quickly found outside of organizations by “Googling” or a quick YouTube search and inside organizations through better communication tools (ie social technology) and portal systems it creates the larger issues around how and when autonomy in learning is desirable or undesirable for an organization.
- Join the fireworks this week as we discuss growing learner independence (as well as dependence and interdependence) and what it means for traditional L&D and the roles within.
- — eLearning Guild (@eLearningGuild)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:04:21Q1. How do most people learn in your org? Independent (self-driven), interdependent (with others) or dependent (training)? Why?
- — Anthony Altieri (@aa_altieri)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:05:37A1) Mostly from mistakes... which we all know is the best teacher. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/883386219077525505 …
- — urbie delgado (@urbie)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:07:12#GuildChat A1 Compliance training, mostly online mediated by an LMS (not one of the better ones). Community of practice phone meetings..
- — Kristen HaydenSafdie (@KristenLearning)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:08:17Interdependent -- a lot of knowledge lives in someone else's head and learners (as well as trainers) have to get it out. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/883386219077525505 …
- — Kevin Thorn (@LearnNuggets)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:08:19A1) My org is me. Completely self-driven and independent. In corp days, it was dependent on individual's motivation and drive. #guildchat
- — Anthony Altieri (@aa_altieri)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:09:36A1.2) A lot of synchronous training for larger skills. But plenty of self driven learning for "how to's" and such. #GuildChat
- — eLearning Guild (@eLearningGuild)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:11:38Q2. Org leaders are often uncomfortable with learning autonomy or self-guided learning. Why do you think this is? #GuildChat
- — Anthony Altieri (@aa_altieri)Fri, Jul 07 2017 18:12:37A2) I'm not sure I agree with the basis of the question. My exp is leadership doesn't care as long as job gets done. #GuildChat https://twitter.com/eLearningGuild/status/883388049626984448 …
#GuildChat for 07/7/17: Learning Independence
A collection of this week's tweets from #GuildChat