- — Ricardo De Force (@shelleyanorphan)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#travelcorkboard Walked into Tenderloin district of San Francisco, saw dead body on street with perpetrators, had to walk past them
- — luca pirovano (@lucapir)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25Slept under the stars in the national forest north of Juneau in Alaska with food on me unaware it was bear country. Oops! #travelcorkboard
- — jacqueline steel (@ArmInTheDoor)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25Terrifying coach crash in Thailand on our honeymoon 1992. I thought 'This is it... but at least I die happy' #TravelCorkboard
- — Nicola Fairhurst (@NicFairhurst)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#TravelCorkboard French riot police, crazy Algerian football fans and flying bricks and bottles on Marseille beach at the World Cup in '98
- — Mike Ormerod (@MichaelOrmerod)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25
- — Annie Scarborough (@AnnieConnected)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25
- — Tangled Feet (@tangledfeet)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25@GemmaTravel Guatamala:watched lorry next 2 our overcrowded bus slide off sheer mountain rd as dozens of hitchhikers leapt out the back.
- — Kanika (@LeahKanika)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#TravelCorkboard Drunk motorcyclist crashed into the Cambodian bus I was on then proceeded to shoot the bus up & light it on fire. We ran!!
- — Ally Hobson (@AllyRH)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25
- — James Brennan (@duguzzle)Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:38:09#TravelCorkboard Diving for cover in Rio bar as gunfire peppered street opposite favela, then offered coke by man with parrot on shoulder.
- — Flora Baker (@florabaker)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#TravelCorkboard Heading into Kosovo when our bus blew up. I handed the live chicken on my lap back to its owner & chose to stay in Serbia.
- — Loretta Ko (@loretta_ko)Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:43:26
- — Anna Dunlop (@annadunlop)Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:08:53#travelcorkboard. Flat in Sydney infested by hundreds of baby spiders. Found dinner-plate sized mother nesting in bedroom. Oh, the terror.
- — Francisca Kellett (@frankellett)Wed, Dec 28 2011 13:01:39#travelcorkboard Narrowly missed being crushed to death by a falling giraffe in the Kalahari. Nasty, but quite funny, way to go.
- — smithalluk (@smithalluk)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#TravelCorkBoard 12 days with no food. 3days with no water. In Thailand hospital, on a bed in a wailing ward of dying peopl, nxt to a sewer!
- — Mary Bolling (@marybolling)Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:28:25
- — Annette Freeman (@sendchampagne)Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:44:00#TravelCorkboard Monastery in Lhasa on festival day: caught in a huge crowd crush of devout Tibetans. Lucky to struggle out. Buddhist squash
- — Mark Gardner (@mr_teamlink)Wed, Dec 28 2011 17:54:21#travelcorkboard Stand off in middle of jungle with guides and porters after Kilimanjaro climb. Athsma attack ensued...with no doctor
- — Daniela Marchesi (@DanielaMarchesi)Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:50:20
- — James Couling (@jamescouling)Thu, Dec 29 2011 05:46:25#TravelCorkBoard Misunderstood US traffic lights leading to us turning into four lanes of oncoming vehicles on the freeway.
Near-death travelling tales from #TravelCorkboard
Guardian Travel readers' holiday horror stories - thanks to everyone who contributed
byGuardian Travel339 Views