- The candidates, Zac Goldsmith MP, Sadiq Khan, Sîan Berry and Caroline Pidgeon, debated questions on air pollution, energy, transport, climate and the natural environment. The debate was chaired by LBC's James O'Brien.
- There was standing room only as Green Alliance trustee, Catherine Howarth, introduced the speakers...
- — Camilla Born (@camillaborn)Fri, Mar 04 2016 16:55:00
- The first challenge from the chair was on air quality and pollution...
- James O'Brien: "Will the candidates commit to phasing out all diesel black cabs and Public Hire Vehicles by 2020 and make the entire London bus fleet run on clean fuel by 2025?"
- — Rosie Downes (@rosannadownes)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:20:06
- — Grantham Imperial (@Grantham_IC)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:22:42
- — Greenpeace UK (@GreenpeaceUK)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:25:26
- — EnergyforLondon (@energyforlondon)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:28:30
- On walking and cycling...
- — CPRE London (@CPRELondon)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:32:46
- — Byron Thomas Orme (@byrontorme)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:47:52All arguing for segregated cycle lanes. Sian wants people to feel safe with no-helmet. Sadiq wants to build on progress made #greenerlondon
- — Robert Ede (@Whitehouse_NRG)Fri, Mar 04 2016 17:38:06
Greener London Hustings
On 4 March 2016 we gave four mayoral candidates the chance to set out their vision and plans for a greener London to an audience of Londoners. The event was jointly hosted by Campaign for Better Transport, CPRE, Friends of the Earth, Green Alliance, Greenpeace, RSPB, The Wildlife Trusts and WWF.
byGreen Alliance 445 Views