- The presentations by the featured groups were followed by an exhibit featuring all of the projects. Most of the projects presented new ways of incorporating technology to address challenges or enhance current offerings. Examples included Escape 360-degrees, a game incorporating panoramic game-play and virtual reality; Film UGA, using an interactive map and website to identify locations on campus that would appeal to film makers; and UGA Stickers, a new way to share graphics for UGA sports through the messaging app on the IPhone.
- — New Media Institute (@nmiuga)Sat, Dec 10 2016 17:54:13
- — New Media Institute (@nmiuga)Sat, Dec 10 2016 17:55:00
- — New Media Institute (@nmiuga)Sat, Dec 10 2016 17:55:23
- NMI Slam attracted not only students, but a crowd of NMI alumni, clients and future employers.
- — Robert Carnes (@jamrobcar)Sat, Dec 10 2016 17:57:07The #nmiSLAM certainly has gotten more impressive since I graduated. These student projects are legit. https://twitter.com/nmiuga/status/807632548415336450 …
- The capstone project is the culmination of the 17-credit hour NMI certificate program. NMI Slam concluded the day with a presentation of the certificates.
NMI Slam Fall 2016
Thirteen student capstone teams presented the latest in technology and innovation at the semi-annual New Media Institute Slam event. The event was held at Roam Atlanta. The featured presenting teams were Escape 360-degrees, Amazon Echo, UGA Stickers, Bartender chatbot and E3 career app.
byUGA Grady158 Views