- TechCon 2016 convened researchers, students, entrepreneurs and innovators, development experts, field practitioners, and private sector representatives - all focused on highlighting cutting-edge solutions to critical development challenges.
Over the course of 3 days, during 26 technical sessions and 9 plenary sessions, over 100 speakers shared their visions, failures, successes, ideas and science and technology solutions for development.
TechCon also hosted an Innovation Marketplace, where young innovators from within HESN and outside of the network had the chance to compete for prizes to further their innovations. The Innovation Marketplace concluded with a live pitch competition to the audience and voting.
- Administrator Smith kicked off TechCon2016!
- DAY ONE (Thursday 11/10)
- Welcome & Remarks!
- Global Audience!
- Day one tackled big questions such as 'What is Innovation?' and various development challenges.
- After a morning filled with inspiring speakers and panelists - it was time for the Innovation Marketplace!
- Engaging presentations!
- Pitch Competition and Audience Voting!