- Any links within tweets have been expanded below the tweet.
- — Peter Lydon (@peter_lydon)Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:00:46#gtie Welcome to chat on giftedness from Ireland.Our topic is 'Supporting teachers of gifted children'. pls take a min to introduce yourself
- — Peter Lydon (@peter_lydon)Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:03:43
- Outside the Box Learning Resources: Gifted Education
- — Catherine Riordan (@Frazzlld)Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:07:02Teaching Gifted Kids in the Regular Classroom by Susan Winebrenner: http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Gifted-Kids-Regular-Classroom/dp/1575420899 …ftgtiegtie
Q1: Do teachers in regular classrooms need support to teach gifted children or are they already equipped?
- — Catherine Riordan (@Frazzlld)Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:11:28A1: Not a teacher, but my experience suggest most teachers need support but are not always prepared to accept that #gtie
Q2: What pre-service training should teachers receive in gifted education?
- — Catherine Riordan (@Frazzlld)Sun, Apr 14 2013 20:16:52Speaking of which, Mythillogical: Belief vs Reality of Giftedness: http://gtnetwork.ie/index.php/2012/12/mythillogical-belief-versus-the-reality-of-giftedness/ …/2gtie #gtie
Support for Teachers of Gifted Students
#gtie Sunday 14th April 2013