- Unfortunately because we got so many tweets I'm not able to go back far enough to the weets from the first session. I'll try and figure out a way to include these.10.10 Continuing competitive and cutting edge research: opportunities for collaboration with industry, innovation and investment
- Stimulated by the government's white paper featuring detail on the future and innovation of research: how can HEIs effectively collaborate with industry and vice versa to ensure cutting edge research continues to flourish in the UK?
- With scarce public resources for investment in research should funding be pooled and distributed to fewer universities?
- Will there be a move to greater selectivity in research? How will this impact on diversity and subject choice?
- What are the implications of the innovation research strategy for international research collaboration?
Dr Juliet Chester, head of policy and data analysis, Universities UK
Libby Hackett, director, University Alliance
Professor Rick Rylance, chief executive AHRC and chair Research Councils UK Executive Group
Sir Tim Wilson DL, emeritus professor, University of Hertfordshire
- 11.30 Graduate employability and skills: HEIs and industry working together effectively
- In the face of rising graduate unemployment levels and continuing economic instability how can universities and businesses work together to ensure graduates have the relevant skills for employment?
- What can businesses do to enhance employment opportunities for UK graduates and work more efficiently with HEIs?
- An analysis of EU wide graduate employment trends: what is the real state of affairs?
- Hear a perspective from industry: the importance of stimulating a quality pipeline of graduates and the value of working with universities
Mike Hill, CEO, Higher Education Careers Services Unit and Graduate Prospects
Paul Marshall, chief executive, Association of Business Schools
Andy Palmer, director of education and skills, BT
Martin Williams, director of higher education policy, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills