- On October 31, the Graduate Center hosted an open, livestreamed workshop on the inclusion of multiple perspectives on working against structural barriers to support equity and social justice in STEM, both in the academy and in industry. Co-sponsored by HASTAC, GC Digital Initiatives, the Software Studies Initiative, the Office of Educational Opportunity and Diversity, and America Needs You. #fight4edu
- — Futures Initiative (@FuturesED)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:12:24
- — Joseph DeLeon (@josephrdeleon)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:07:59Looking forward to this! #fight4edu https://twitter.com/FuturesED/status/793137195288854529 …
- — Danica Savonick (@DanicaSavonick)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:06:02
- — Futures Initiative (@FuturesED)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:06:57Details here - join us for Media Blackness 11/14! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/media-blackness-tickets-28918202121 … #fight4edu https://twitter.com/FuturesED/status/793136565744795648 …
- — Katina Rogers (@katinalynn)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:09:00Love hearing Prof Jill Bargonetti talk about STEM & creativity. Teaching a course on Choreographing Genomics (!) #fight4edu
- — Gavriel Cutipa-Zorn (@Multinkamaru20)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:09:07How do we create STEM oriented away from military backing, to imagine what a STEM "made to the measure of the world" might be? #fight4edu.
- — Danielle R. Picard (@DRPicardHIS)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:12:35
- — Danica Savonick (@DanicaSavonick)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:09:17Jill Bargonetti teaches a class on "choreographing genomics" using jump ropes like double dutch to understand DNA #fight4edu
- — Katina Rogers (@katinalynn)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:14:54Important q’s of access - including some may inadvertently exclude others #fight4edu https://twitter.com/DRPicardHIS/status/793138612615335937 …
- — Gavriel Cutipa-Zorn (@Multinkamaru20)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:15:25How do we go beyond fight for POC bodies in STEM to incorporate alternative knowledge systems in math and nature in curriculum? #fight4edu.
- — Joseph DeLeon (@josephrdeleon)Mon, Oct 31 2016 17:19:01Dr. Bayne uses a "bricolage" method to illuminate the array of perspectives on knowledge production in her classroom. #fight4edu
Enacting a Different STEM: Building Equitable Futures Beyond “Diversity”
byFutures Initiative10 Views