- Excitement built for Election Day ...
- — Erica Schumack (@EricaSchumack)Tue, Nov 06 2012 21:36:50
- Fields conceded at about 10:30 p.m. ...
- — Colin Smith (@ColinWCCO)Wed, Nov 07 2012 05:12:14Chris Fields very gracious in defeat. "I'm proud of the campaign we ran. We did things that have never been done before in the 5th district"
- — Andy Garvais (@agarvais)Tue, Nov 06 2012 22:31:17@FieldsFor5thCD Keith Ellison raised around $1.9M for his race. Fields raised around $200K.....my vote is for Fields, good luck tonight!
- Some looked back to the campaign's low point ...
- — Nathan Timm (@Plouffe24Fan)Wed, Nov 07 2012 04:28:06The fact that Keith Ellison was re-elected after his verbal tirade against Chris Fields at the debate a few weeks ago is very sad.
- ... while others looked ahead to future races for Fields:
- — Joseph Schultz (@LibertyPolitics)Wed, Nov 07 2012 06:15:36
- Elections can prove confusing both for political insiders and voters trying to learn who's who:
- — Blois Olson (@bloisolson)Thu, Nov 08 2012 01:19:54
- And for some on Twitter, charges made by U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann over the summer died hard ...
- — Listen up! (@HearUsNowUSA1)Tue, Nov 06 2012 16:20:38Chris Fields in the MN-5th http://shar.es/GHnVs Get that MUZ Bro'HOOD plant Keith Ellison the HELL out of our HOUSE! Semper Fi, Marine!
- Ellison sounded upbeat as Election Day began:
- — Rep. Keith Ellison (@keithellison)Tue, Nov 06 2012 13:10:01Happy Voting Day! Good time to remember how fortunate we are; how much more to do to make a more perfect union.
5th District Report: Ellison Beats Fields
Minnesota congressman retains his seat.
byFridley Patch191 Views