- Registrations are now closed!
- In preparation for the Summit, a new paper outlining the Principles Of A New Sustainable Food System was published. Take a look!
- CUSTOMERS TO COMMUNITIES: Growing Change is a documentary that looks at one of the most exciting experiments in the world to grow a fair and sustainable food system. In Venezuela, from fishing villages to cacao plantations to urban gardens, a growing social movement is showing what’s possible when communities, not corporations, start to take control of food. Will there be a shift from customers to communities in Australia's food system?
- CONSUMPTION + FOOD WASTAGE: The British government has called for radical changes in patterns of consumption. A diet which is both healthy and good for the environment is outlined in the following video:
- A Draft Frameworks Of A New Sustainable Food System was published pre-summit. Click below to download the paper.
- MONDAY 2ND FEBRUARY
How do we overcome challenges and exploit opportunities in food production, processing and distribution to achieve a greater security of supply?
Can we improve environmental and social outcomes in food supply chains without increasing costs?
- Introduction: Joshua Bishop, WWF AustraliaTo see his presentation please click below:
- Speaker 1: Jackie Healer, Quality, Policy and Governance Manager, Coles Supermarkets spoke about the supply chain from a retailers perspective. One of her main points was 'You can’t assume the retailer is going to fix it up – margins and customer loyalty is different. We cannot drive that degree of change'
- For a copy of her presentation, click below:
- Consumer drivers were also a large part of her presentation: 'People largely do not trust everyone they're suppose to trust ... they turn to social media and celebrities'