Working with the Mirror
- The need to find families for some of our most vulnerable children remained at the heart of this year’s event. Once again we worked with the Daily Mirror who featured profiles of 5 groups of brothers and sisters.
- Winner of the 2015 National Adoption Week Adopter Champion Award, Ben Carpenter shared his family's story on ITV's "This Morning" programme
- We used Thunderclap, an online crowd-speaking platform, that uses supporters’ twitter accounts to send out the same message simultaneously from multiple accounts. In the end supporters numbered 395 with a combined reach of 2,912,442, more than twice as much as 2016.
National Adoption Week Awards
- On Tuesday 17 October we hosted the annual National Adoption Week Awards. The awards , at London's Foundling Museum, marked exceptional achievement among adoption professionals and parents.
Meet the Adopter Webcast
- On Wednesday 18 October single Dad of two, Joe and adopters of twins, Julie & Ashley shared their stories in this special webcast ...
Adoption Storytelling Evening
- On Friday 20th October a group of adopters and adoptees came together for special National Adoption Week Adoption Storytelling Evening. Thank you to everyone who took part, onstage and off. It was wonderful night and we'll be sharing some of the stories soon.