Fiber Art Now is a quarterly print & digital magazine for contemporary textiles and fiber arts.
- — Fiber Art Now (@FiberArtNow)Wed, Sep 17 2014 14:55:58Today is #AskACurator Day -- over 600 museums in 40+ countries are participating, including those with textiles/fiber art collections. (1/2)
- — Fiber Art Now (@FiberArtNow)Wed, Sep 17 2014 14:56:02
FIBER ART NOW: #AskACurator What are the oldest and the "youngest" items in your collection?
- — IQSCM (@quiltstudy)Wed, Sep 17 2014 16:51:27@FiberArtNow The oldest dated quilt is this Hexagon mosaic by Anna Ruggles of England. #AskACurator https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/hexagon/tQFJLCpTv-zhXQ?projectId=art-project …
- — The Jewish Museum (@TheJewishMuseum)Wed, Sep 17 2014 19:03:03.@FiberArtNow...and youngest, a series of skullcaps by #GilYefman http://www.gilyefman.com/index.php?/the-kippas-collection/ … - KD @BrklynKat
- — NationalQuiltMuseum (@NatQuiltMuseum)Wed, Sep 17 2014 21:12:36@FiberArtNow We collect contemporary quilts. so our oldest is from 1980. Our newest is from 2013 and our collection keeps growing.
FIBER ART NOW: #AskACurator Does the Museum accept exhibition proposals from contemporary artists or independent curators?
- — SE Quilt Museum (@SEQuiltMuseum)Wed, Sep 17 2014 16:12:36
- — Jerry N. Smith (@jnscurator)Wed, Sep 17 2014 19:07:02@FiberArtNow @phxart At times, yes. Opening Don Coen: The Migrant Series on Oct. 18. Don initially approached us. http://www.phxart.org/exhibition/doncoen-migrant-series …
Talking Textiles on #AskACurator Day 2014 with Fiber Art Now
On 9/17/14, #AskACurator Day event on Twitter, Elena Rosenberg (@Elena_Rosenberg) of Fiber Art Now magazine (@FiberArtNow) chatted with museums from around the world about #textiles in their collections and about opportunities for contemporary artists and curators. bit.ly/fiberartnow