What is Chocothon in 6 minutes! ;)
- This initiative was created as a platform for sustainable Ghanaian cocoa supply chains by Google Food Team, the Future Food Institute (FFI), and the International Trade Centre (ITC) with knowledge support from Business School Lausanne (BSL). Other partners hope to achieve progress toward sustainable production by gathering stakeholders, enriching community development, and benefiting chocolate lovers everywhere, from farmer to consumers.
- Did you Know that Chocothon was presented at Google London last october? It was a great inspiration during London Design Week. Check this out: bit.ly/chocothonlondon
Chocothon Phase 1 Mission 1: Share Knowledge (18-20 January)
- On January 18, Chocothon’s Phase 1, Mission 1 kicked off with a three-day conference series. These conferences aimed to share knowledge about three main topics: current cocoa farming practices in Ghana, the International Trade Centre (ITC) tools, and available tech solutions to include Ghanaian cocoa farmers in the supply chain!
- DAY 1
- “Current Situation of Cocoa Farming Practices in Ghana” and “Sustainable Market Requirements for Ghanaian Cocoa from the Buyer Perspective”. The first day of Chocothon
- DAY 2
- What about the second day? Trade for Sustainable Development (T4SD) from the International Trade Centre (ITC) delivers the Training of Trainers (ToT) on the use of tools applied to international markets and sustainability in the cocoa sector in Ghana.