- Plenty of sessions meant there was something for everyone. Sessions included: Accelerator: Physics, Performance, R&D and Future Facilities; Astro-particle Physics and Cosmology; Beyond the Standard Model; Detector: R&D and Performance; Higgs Physics; Neutrino Physics; Quark and Lepton Flavor Physics; Strong Interactions and Hadron Physics; Top Quark and Electroweak Physics; Computing and Data Handling; Dark Matter Detection; and Heavy Ions.
- — Fermilab (@Fermilab)Thu, Aug 04 2016 12:32:09
- — Jeffrey Warren, PhD (@DrJeffWarren)Thu, Aug 04 2016 12:33:35
- The Beyond the Standard Model session drew plenty of activity, and the Standard Model kept its place safe in the world of physics.
- — Paul Jackson (@HEPAdelaide)Thu, Aug 04 2016 14:01:00BSM physics session1 at #ICHEP2016 Never seen so many excited people in a parallel session (spoiler....we ain't found anything, yet!)
- Also plenty of activity surrounding the top quark session:
- — Freya Blekman (@freyablekman)Thu, Aug 04 2016 14:00:27
- — James Keaveney (@shmeaux)Thu, Aug 04 2016 14:56:08#topquark talk at #ICHEP2016 done... brand new @CMSexperiment results drew interest http://cms-results.web.cern.ch/cms-results/public-results/preliminary-results/TOP/index.html …
- — Freya Blekman (@freyablekman)Thu, Aug 04 2016 14:20:12
- — Ricarda Laasch (@RLaasch)Thu, Aug 04 2016 23:19:04
- The session also sparked a Game of Particles.
- — ICHEP press (@pressichep)Thu, Aug 04 2016 15:05:19It's early in the conference, but this is definitely a contender for best title slide. #gameofparticles #ICHEP2016 https://twitter.com/shmeaux/status/761216015824982016 …
ICHEP2016 - Thursday, August 4
There's a lot going on at the biggest high energy physics conference in the world! Catch up on some of the highlights from the first day of parallel sessions.