- This was our call for women to share their stories of abuse. To tell men that it was NOT about them. It was not about #NotAllMen being molesters or rapists. It was about #YesAllWomen having been victims of sexual violence. And that really should have been the issue after the mass molestation of women in Bengaluru. We had written an article about it titled, "Dear Men. You Win." After that, we began sharing stories that have been previously published on our website under the 'Survivor Stories' section.
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:06:17In this thread, we will share stories from our Survivor Stories section. You can read all here: http://feminisminindia.com/section/survivor-stories/ … #YesAllWomen
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:08:071. @japna_p's story: she was molested in #DelhiMetro where a man was rubbed his penis against her butt #YesAllWomen http://feminisminindia.com/2014/11/25/molested-delhi-metro/ …
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:22:512. Anonymous: groped and breasts pinched as a school girl. #yesallwomen http://feminisminindia.com/2014/11/26/speak-against-harassment/ …
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:25:493. @ADelhiDame: harassed on bus and on the way to church. #yesallwomen http://feminisminindia.com/2014/11/27/experience-of-sexual-harassment/ …
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:49:064. @AsraGhouse My Burqa Didn’t Stop Them From Sexually Violating Me #YesAllWomen http://feminisminindia.com/2014/12/02/burqa-didnt-stop-sexually-violating/ …
- — Feminism in India (@FeminismInIndia)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:54:135. Anon: My Sister-in-law’s Husband Harassed And Blackmailed Me #yesallwomen http://feminisminindia.com/2014/12/04/harassed-and-blackmailed/ …
- Simultaneously, women began to share their experiences of abuse - most of which started very early in life.
- — vijaya (@vijaya16smile)Wed, Jan 04 2017 12:24:50
- — Hira Naaz (@naaz_heer)Wed, Jan 04 2017 12:23:00Ws fst groped whn I ws 6. Didn't lyk it bt cudn't say a word out of fear and shock. Then it happened agn n agn n agn everyday. #yesallwomen
- — Manpreet (@Manpreeeeeet)Wed, Jan 04 2017 16:03:38I was 7 years old, we lived on rent. The house owner in his 60s would join me when I was playing and used to caress my crotch. #YesAllWomen
- — Granthana (@GranthanaBiswas)Wed, Jan 04 2017 16:32:52
- — sagarika dantre (@sagarikadantre)Wed, Jan 04 2017 16:37:49
- — Aishwarya S (@Hyper_aice)Wed, Jan 04 2017 16:17:48
- — Priya Partha (@priyataarini)Wed, Jan 04 2017 17:16:57
- — Bhawna Chandel (@bhawnachandel)Wed, Jan 04 2017 16:23:53
- — QuirkSand (@Ravin_Ray)Wed, Jan 04 2017 09:01:57
- — Shehla Rashid (@Shehla_Rashid)Wed, Jan 04 2017 08:18:49
- — Karthika S Nair (@karthu1993)Wed, Jan 04 2017 09:27:22
- — Shweta Shahade (@FreudianBlouse)Wed, Jan 04 2017 14:31:26At a famous eatery in Pune a middle aged man decided to grind his penis on a 12 yr old me and giggle, while ordering sandwiches #yesallwomen
#YesAllWomen - Response to #BengaluruMolestation and #NotAllMen
We @FeminismInIndia were angry about the first response to the mass molestation in Bengaluru being #NotAllMen. So we set out to collect and share women's many instances of sexual violence using #YesAllWomen. Within a few hours, it began to trend as women shared their traumatic stories of abuse.
byFeminism in India 197 Views