- Thanks for joining me ladies and gentlemen. We've seen some great cricket from the likes of Matthew Wade, Dimuth Karunaratne, Jackson Bird and Mahela Jayawardene.
Australia started the day with the bat and Wade reached his second Test century before Michael Clarke decided to declare and since Sri Lanka have built a small lead and will resume on Sunday at 7-227.
Remember to join us for day four, live and interactive, from 10.30am (EDT). If the ball-by-ball and stats are more your preference you can follow the action with our Test Match Centre.
- 1800: STUMPS: That's it for day three at the SCG. A fantastic day in honour of Jane McGrath and breast cancer awareness. Sri Lanka survive and hold a 87-run lead.
- 1758: It's announced $317,000 was raised on Jane McGrath Day.
- 1756: FOUR. Chandimal cops the boos from the crowd as he dispatches Michael Hussey to the boundary line. Good cricket.
- 1755: HUSSEY! The great man is going to bowl the last over of the day. The crowd cheer as one. Looking for a wicket.
- 1752: Appeal! Not out. Starc wanted Herath lbw but the umpire didn't like it and the Aussies chose not to review it. Good decision in the end as the ball was sliding down leg.
- 1750: FOUR. Back-to-back boudaries from the diminutive spinner. An even better shot, this time he picked the gap and even David Warner couldn't run that one down.
- 1749: FOUR. Herath's still fighting. A lovely shot through cover. The fieldsman got a hand to it but couldn't stop it from finding the rope.
- 1745: The Aussies are still pushing hard to dismiss the Sri Lankans before the close of play. They've got 15 minutes to get the job done. Sri Lanka have a lead of 70 with three wickets in hand.
- 1734: Aussies are charging through Sri Lanka's tail now. The wicket brings Herath to the wicket and he's off the mark with his first ball.
Can they remove the tourists tonight and return tomorrow to chase down their target?
- 1732: WICKET: Mitchell Starc makes the breakthrough for his first wicket this innings. Dhammika Prasad edges on through to Wade and Sri Lanka are now 7 down.
Prasad 15 c Wade b Starc (SL 7-202)
- Great question posed here. We thought Clarke's declaration might be so Huss get's another bat and what better way to ensure that happens they let him open. The great man started his career as an opener, let him finish it as one.
- 1725: FOUR. Chandimal crashes the ball through point. Nice shot and it takes Sri Lanka to a lead of 59.
- 1520: Appeal! Matt Wade reckons he's got Prasad out stumped and the umpires have a look but he just got his toe back in time before the bails were whipped off.
- 1712: As Bill Lawry likes to say: "It's all happening here at the SCG".
- 1712: Dropped catch. Prasad throws the kitchen sink at the ball and nicks one past Wade's glove. It hits his leg and flies up over the top of Clarke in slips. Nathan Lyon the unlucky bowler once again.
- 1711: Another run out chance. David Warner is giving the Sri Lankans nightmares.
- Good crowd in at the SCG for Jane McGrath Day - the pink Test.