- This was our first year at The Fillmore. They were a great presenting sponsor!
- There are two voting categories: Critics' Choice (decided by three judges) and People's Choice (decided by guests). In each category, there is a restaurant winner and a resident winner.
- This was a big day for Lloyd Whiskey. They're now three-time Chili Cookoff champs!
- Critics' Choice Restaurant: Sancho Pistola's in third place, Loco Pez in second place and Bao Wow Wow in first place. Critics' Choice Resident: Axis of Evil in third place, Better Chili Through Chemistry in second place and Twin Beaks in first place.
- People's Choice Restaurant: Heffe Tacos in third place, Sancho Pistola's in second place and Lloyd Whiskey Bar in first place. People's Choice Resident: Better Chili Through Chemistry in third place, Axis of Evil in second place and Fire in the Hole in first place.
- Not only is You Do You a Philly-based band, but they have a real connection to the Cookoff. Member Aaron Boczkowski was a resident contestant in the 2015 competition.
- Several restaurants brought their chili concoctions: Fette Sau, Lloyd Whiskey Bar, Loco Pez; Cedar Point Pub & Kitchen, Sancho Pistola’s, Johnny Brenda’s, Bao. Wow WOW, Good Spoon Soupery, Kensington Quarters, Tandoor, Heffe Tacos, Philly Greens Mobile Cuisine and Fishtown Social