- Excitement builds among the FIU community in anticipation of Launch Week events
- — FIU Green School (@fiu_sipa)Tue, Jun 07 2016 05:37:58
- — CHLI (@TheCHLI)Tue, Jun 07 2016 01:35:59We'll be going/tuning in to this awesome @FIUdc event. Will you? #FIUDCLaunch #partners #thingsthatmatter https://twitter.com/fiudc/status/739993618857885696 …
- — Taylor Prochnow (@TaylorProchnow)Tue, Jun 07 2016 14:08:46As a proud panther alum and current poli comm grad student, I'm excited to stream into this discussion! #WorldsAhead https://twitter.com/FIUdc/status/740182709734084611 …
- — Michelle Palacio (@palaciom)Mon, Jun 06 2016 22:25:33#FIUDCLaunch kicks off! Great job to all who made it happen! Love Our team #FIUadvocate #FIUgov https://twitter.com/fiudc/status/739815861398212608 …
- — Katherine Vargas (@KathecitaV)Tue, Jun 07 2016 14:38:19
- FIU in DC Launch Week kicks off with a panel on enhancing resilience in coastal ecosystems and communities, led by Dr. Michael Heithaus—dean of the College of Arts and Sciences—and featuring field experts like Dr. Evelyn Gaiser (Executive Director, FIU School of Environment, Arts and Society, and Lead Principal Investigator of the Florida Coastal Everglades Long Term Ecological Research program), Jay Jensen (Director, Southern Regional Office, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation), and Dr. Raymond M. Sauvajot (Associate Director, Natural Resource Stewardship and Science, National Park Service).
- And at 3:05 p.m. everyday... CAFECITO TIME!
FIU D.C. Launch Week 2016
From June 6-10 FIU hosted a series of thematic panels & receptions to highlight its research, emphasize the importance of ongoing support for student programs, and unite the FIU family. Throughout the week, over $30,000 were raised for student internship stipends, among other accomplishments.