- Day 1
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Chairman Pai kicked off the trip by participating in a Tribal consultation on the Navajo Nation with Navajo President Russell Begaye and other Tribal leaders from across the country. They discussed the importance of protecting sites of Tribal historical and cultural significance and explored ways to encourage next-generation networks on Tribal lands, as well as enhancing 911 calls and improving access to telemedicine.
- — Native Network (@N2_Network)Wed, Aug 23 2017 16:32:42FCC Chairman @AjitPaiFCC speaking at Twin Arrows Casino during the his Bridging the #DigitalDivide Tour through Arizona & Nevada. @danae_w https://twitter.com/danae_w/status/900156795632701441 …
- — Michael Liimatta (@mliimatta)Wed, Aug 23 2017 11:35:38
- Day 2
- Phoenix, AZ
- On Wednesday, Chairman Pai joined Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and other business leaders for a discussion on innovation, broadband, and public safety issues.
- — Susan Marie (@TheSusanMarie)Thu, Aug 24 2017 00:46:52".@AjitPaiFCC seeks to improve rural connectivity + bring high speed internet to all Americans" https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2017/08/23/my-view-renewed-focus-on-connectivity-is-necessary.html … via @phxbizjournal
- — Arizona Commerce (@azcommerce)Thu, Aug 24 2017 01:47:02Thank you @AjitPaiFCC, Gov @dougducey, @AZChamber for an excellent discussion on empowering communities through connectivity! https://twitter.com/dbseiden/status/900532248276946944 …
Bridging the Digital Divide Trip - Arizona and Nevada
Chairman Pai travels to Nevada and Arizona for a Tribal consultation, business roundtables and more to highlight the importance of bridging the digital divide.
byFederal Communications Commission1,511 Views