- The responses make it clear that current provision is patchy, inadequate, and sometimes deeply damaging...
- Sign the petition at Change.org/SREnow
- — Purple Tea (@Purple_Tea_Cup)Tue, Aug 30 2016 09:00:09#SREnow We watched a video about periods that was so removed from the topic people looking through the door thought it was a maths class
- — Shelly (@xWellyWoox)Tue, Aug 30 2016 13:25:57#SREnow Because I didn't know what consent was and clearly neither did the boy who tried to rape me. Or the teacher that said he was playing
- — ফারহানা ✨ (@veIveteendream)Tue, Aug 30 2016 10:58:30bc of lack of proper sex ed, I have anxiety abt my younger sister having similar experiences to me. I taught her everything I know. #SREnow
- — Nathalie Greenfield (@nath_greenfield)Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:41:59We were taught about condoms & STIs Nothing about consent/mutual respect, many of us ended up in manipulative, abusive relationships #srenow
- — Pamela C (@FeministaPamela)Tue, Aug 30 2016 11:54:36#SREnow Girls/boy divided, periods secret.1 teacher said don't fight back if we were being raped.#LGBT didn't exist. https://twitter.com/EverydaySexism/status/770534808464269312 …
- — Jessica Speed (@Fizzsnap)Tue, Aug 30 2016 12:35:17#SREnow When I was a teenager my only source of info on trans people was late night channel 4, which didn't help make me feel normal at all.
- — Petya L.B. (@twomiletower)Tue, Aug 30 2016 12:42:14Concepts never mentioned in my sex ed: * Intersexuality * Trans people * Consent * Homosexuality * Bisexuality * Sex hormones #SRENow
- — Richard Dhillon (@richarddhillon)Tue, Aug 30 2016 13:28:31
- — nicole (@nicolefleurette)Tue, Aug 30 2016 09:21:58#SREnow males & females were separated. Girls were shamed Boys were told they're naturally sexual& can't help themselves. Slideshow of STDs.
- — King Bladth'heirtra (@6StringDisaster)Tue, Aug 30 2016 09:06:34#SREnow I spent my entire life thinking I was broken because we weren't even told that being gay was possible https://twitter.com/EverydaySexism/status/770534808464269312 …
- — Sarah HewittClarkson (@Sazhewitt)Tue, Aug 30 2016 09:01:33#SREnow Was told super tampons would probably 'break you in half'. Can't remember anything about relationships https://twitter.com/bigpurpleduck/status/770535915974496257 …
- — Daira Hopwood (@feministPLT)Tue, Aug 30 2016 09:59:15
- — Emily Brown (@DwntwnEmilyBrwn)Tue, Aug 30 2016 13:44:23
- — ruby sarah (@RubySarah_)Tue, Aug 30 2016 12:44:24
- — carme | #lovewins (@protectheflames)Tue, Aug 30 2016 10:21:24I was 9 when our male classmates began groping us. We thought it was funny; no one ever told us otherwise and no one told them off. #SREnow
The reality of sex education #SREnow
As part of our campaign for compulsory, comprehensive sex and relationships education, the Everyday Sexism Project and the End Violence Against Women Coalition asked people to share their experiences of school sex ed...