- Q1: If you have a desk job or work from home, how do you stay active throughout the day?
- — Sarah Stanley (@sarahstanley)Thu, May 01 2014 18:05:16A 2011 Gallup poll from showed that unhealthy employees cost $153 Billion annually in lost productivity. We can change this! #healthtalk
- — Sarah Stanley (@sarahstanley)Thu, May 01 2014 18:08:48A pedometer is a great way to keep motivated & active during the day! The minimum goal is 10k steps per day. #healthtalk
- — Brianna Steinhilber (@ATimeToKale)Thu, May 01 2014 18:09:29
- — Susan E. Matthews (@susanematthews)Thu, May 01 2014 18:10:07A1: I sit on a buoy. It's basically an exercise ball but a little less huge. Keeps my abs working, and reminds me of my posture #Healthtalk
- Q2: How can sitting all day damage your health long-term?
- — Kinsa (@kinsa)Thu, May 01 2014 18:14:56A2: Ups your risk of diabetes, heart disease, muscle degeneration, just to name a few #healthtalk http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/national/the-health-hazards-of-sitting/750/ …
- — SAMHAA (@SouthAsianMH)Thu, May 01 2014 18:15:00#HealthTalk A2: Sitting all day / lack of activity leads to health problems & mental frustration. Your mind needs change of scenery too.
- — Lori Rosenthal, RD (@LoRoRD)Thu, May 01 2014 18:16:16
- Q3: How important it is to take breaks during the workday with your co-workers?
- — Sarah Stanley (@sarahstanley)Thu, May 01 2014 18:10:20Set a timer for every hour on the hour and walk/move for 10 minutes. Walk over to a co-workers desk and connect! #healthtalk
- — Lori Rosenthal, RD (@LoRoRD)Thu, May 01 2014 18:21:11
- — hubbub health (@hubbubhealth)Thu, May 01 2014 18:13:13
- Q4: What are some quick and easy healthy lunch ideas for the office? Do you recommend preparing your own lunch?
- — Sarah Stanley (@sarahstanley)Thu, May 01 2014 18:27:16Lunch ideas! Glass mason jars are a staple. Layer organic beans & brown rice with coconut oil, celtic sea salt, spinach,turmeric #healthtalk
- — Sarah Stanley (@sarahstanley)Thu, May 01 2014 18:29:49
- — GoGWell (@gogwell)Thu, May 01 2014 18:24:40A4: Preparing your lunches ahead of time is the best guarantee for a healthy meal! Try preparing your lunches the night before #HealthTalk
- — Candace Montague (@urbanbushwoman9)Thu, May 01 2014 18:30:50
#HealthTalk: How to Stay Healthy On the Job
We chatted with Sarah Stanley about tips for staying healthy at the office. Check out the highlights.
byEveryday Health11 Views