- I was tired of the "we hired this many" and "we gave this many dollars to girls coding initiatives." None of those numbers accurately portray what the inside of a company looks like. When people are making decisions about where they might want to work and the type of culture they'd like to land in, those numbers aren't helpful. I want companies to share the stuff that matters. So I started tweeting about it...
- — EricaJoy (@EricaJoy)Tue, Jul 21 2015 05:41:01#RealDiversityNumbers I wanna see: How many harassment cases have you settled out of court? What's your retention rate for women? For WoC?
- Other people picked up the #RealDiversityNumbers hashtag and began asking for the data they'd like companies to share. Here are just a few of the really good questions people asked.
- — randy_riggins (@randy_riggins)Tue, Jul 28 2015 17:10:04What’s the #RealDiversityNumbers of the colleges you recruited those interns from? And we wonder why there’s no change….
- — Fiona Tay (@MsFionaTay)Tue, Jul 21 2015 06:19:31#RealDiversityNumbers If you recruit on campus, how many of your target schools are private vs public? How much is tuition? Median income?
- — Fiona Tay (@MsFionaTay)Tue, Jul 21 2015 07:12:26#RealDiversityNumbers What is the probability that a male candidate will have an all-female panel? And will it ever happen in our lifetimes?
- — sailor mercury (@sailorhg)Tue, Jul 21 2015 06:13:27how many marginalized people have left your company because they felt only way to ever advance was to start their own? #RealDiversityNumbers
- — Erika Sorensen (@eiridescent)Tue, Jul 21 2015 13:24:09#RealDiversityNumbers How many Autistic employees have left because your trendy open plan office you're so proud of is a sensory nightmare?
- — EricaJoy (@EricaJoy)Tue, Jul 21 2015 05:49:27#RealDiversityNumbers What % of employees of color feel like they can succeed in your co? How frequently are women promoted compared to men?
- — L J Laubenheimer (@ljl_geek)Tue, Jul 21 2015 06:35:22What percentage of high level (senior, architect, team lead) employees are women? Are women over 40? #RealDiversityNumbers
Compensation and Benefits
byEricaJoy1 Like475 Views