- Here are the names with a link to the city's news release.
- — Elise Stolte (@estolte)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:11:10
- For more background, read the Edmonton Journal article by reporter Gordon Kent here.
- When the names were announced Thursday, the judgments came quick on social media.
- — Dan St. Pierre (@stpierredan)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:38:19
- — Suzette Chan (@SuzetteChan)Thu, Jan 31 2013 23:45:29
- — City Dweller (@ECityDweller)Thu, Jan 31 2013 21:48:58*Groan* those ARE bad. They have no meaning, and don't assist in navigation. http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/news/2013/lrt-line-names-approved.aspx …cayegtyyegtransitt/yegcc20LRTlrt-line-names-approved.aspx #yeg #yegtransit #yegcc #LRT
- — Siobhan Demitri L (@SDemi_)Thu, Jan 31 2013 21:04:47
- — Jay Gauthier (@Tossy64)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:16:21#yegtransit current & future lines were given ultrageneric, nondescriptive (thus unhelpful) names. And the actual map http://www.edmonton.ca/transportation/approved_LRT_line_names.pdf …ca/transportation/approved_LRT_line_names.pdf
- — Alex Abboud (@alexabboud)Thu, Jan 31 2013 21:06:15@amvanimere given that each line has a colour on new LRT map, I suspect most people will use "blue line" instead of "Capital" for example
- — Dave Cournoyer (@davecournoyer)Thu, Jan 31 2013 21:36:48
- — Ted Bauer (@tedgbauer)Thu, Jan 31 2013 21:37:23
- — Arυn S (@idesofjulius)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:12:01@tedgbauer Metro Line is garbage. Energy Line also lame. Valley doesn't go along the River Valley. Festival Line isn't near most festivals.
- — Justin Rondeel (@Rondeel9)Thu, Jan 31 2013 22:07:26
Edmonton reacts to new LRT names
The city announced names for the five current and future LRT lines Thursday, and not everyone was impressed with their originality.
byElise Stolte11,863 Views