- Since AOL, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, PalTalk, Skype, and Yahoo were named to PRISM's list of tech companies, I thought it would be interesting to see how Twitter employees reacted to the news.
Pulling up @twitter's official Twitter list of its employees on Twitter - a list that has nearly 80,000 subscribers - I was able to take a peak into the thoughts (legally!) of 1,252 members of the social media company's flock. (It's worth noting that this list, although it is the most-subscribed-to list on Twitter, hasn't seen a significant update in quite some time now, meaning new employees' tweets may not be featured in the list's stream.)
- — Soheil (@soheil)Thu, Jun 06 2013 18:04:52Notice how Twitter is not on that list yet, #NSA #PRISM #proud http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html …estigations…
- — ✈ Digital Gypsy® (@tomspano)Thu, Jun 06 2013 17:19:25
- — Cennydd Bowles (@Cennydd)Thu, Jun 06 2013 16:05:02Given that a strong majority of US citizens support the current drone policy, it's hard to imagine they'll give much of a shit about PRISM.
- — Yoshimasa Niwa (@niw)Thu, Jun 06 2013 15:24:47NSA slides explain the PRISM data-collection program http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/prism-collection-documents/ …srv/special… Twitter is NOT the one of nine.
- — Adam Messinger (@adam_messinger)Thu, Jun 06 2013 17:50:55“No one wants a pen that’s going to rat them out,”. Proud to work with @amac. http://qz.com/91889/twitter-boosts-its-privacy-cred-with-its-absence-from-the-nsas-surveillance-program/ …
- — Esteñ (@esten)Thu, Jun 06 2013 17:35:29The only way the NSA isn't collecting data on you is if your entire online presence consists of tweeting on T-mobile http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324299104578529112289298922.html …/SB1000…
- — Suyash Sonwalkar (@suyash)Thu, Jun 06 2013 15:37:47Most people don't need to worry b/c they won't ever be thorn in gov's side. But for activists and radicals, the stakes are much higher.
- — Alec Thomas (@alecthomas)Thu, Jun 06 2013 17:27:40
- — Yaron Schoen (@Yarcom)Thu, Jun 06 2013 16:06:36Gov knows everything you say, write, and do at any point anywhere… But yeah, that shotgun you have thx to the 2nd amend will protect you.