- All transfers HERE
Thursday Nov 30, 2017 11:45 AM AEDT
Two more added to Glenroy mix
- Will Keogh (Mangoplah Cookardinia United Eastlakes) and Tom Atwell (Prahran Assumption) are the two latest transfers that have come through for newly-promoted Glenroy. Keogh is a young 19-year-old forward who kicked 25 goals with six times-in-bests in the Riverina League in 2017, while 22-year-old Atwell is a defender who had a good year in Division 2 of the VAFA.
Keilor premiership player returns
- Blues 2016 premiership winner Jesse Wallin is coming back to Joe Brown Oval after spending 2017 with Rupertswood. The 24-year-old only got onto the park four times this year but has good pedigree, with 13 VFL games under his belt with Bendigo and Collingwood. He played nine games with Keilor in 2016, including the Grand Final win over Aberfeldie.
O’Brien transfers comes through for Strathmore
- Essendon VFL captain Nick O’Brien has lodged his transfer for Strathmore. As announced by Leader Newspapers earlier this month, O’Brien joins Ben Bese, Blake Chant and Nick Ingleton as the club’s newest recruits. O’Brien was a former runner-up in the SANFL’s Magarey Medal with Woodville-West Torrens.
Marby gains another VFL-listed player
- Former Frankston Dolphin and Williamstown-listed player Josh Pickess has lodged a transfer for Maribyrnong Park. Pickess was one of a number of Dolphins who moved in Williamstown in 2017 and he ended up playing eight senior games with the Seagulls during the year.
Mullins leaves Airport West, but Eagles get Malual back
- Jonathan Mullins, an important cog in Airport West’s run to this year’s Essendon Ford Division 1 Grand Final, has been snapped up by Therry Penola in the VAFA. Mullins came to Hansen Reserve via the Tiwi Bombers and brought some crucial experience to the Eagles in 2017. Meanwhile, Northern Blues-listed player Bior Malual is coming back to Airport West after playing with Wyndhamvale in 2017. The athletic 21-year-old played four senior Premier Division games with the Eagles in 2016.
Jones leaves Heights for Deer Park
- Avondale Heights will be without the services of Taylor Jones in 2018, with the 25-year-old lodging a transfer for WRFL powerhouse, Deer Park. The former Western Jet had been a senior regular at Canning Street since 2013 and previously spent time with Maribyrnong Park.
Ruckman leaves Moonee Valley
- Fog ruckman Rhys Gleisner has lodged an outgoing transfer for Yarragon in the Mid Gippsland Football League. The 23-year-old barely missed a game in his four seasons at Ormond Park after coming across from Westmeadows, and was one of the better ruckmen of Strathmore Community Bank Division 2 in that time.
East Sunbury claims another talented youngster
- Shane Lindsay is East Sunbury’s latest inclusion. The 20-year-old has been a solid player in the RDFL with both Wooden-Hesket and Lancefield in recent seasons, and this year won the Hawks’ U18 B&F.
Wednesday Nov 29, 2017 5:22 PM AEDT
Dane Swan transfer comes through
- Westmeadows has officially lodged its transfer for returning junior, Dane Swan. Swan is set to become the first Brownlow Medallist to play senior football in the EDFL since Jason Akermanis made two appearances for Aberfeldie in 2011 and 2012. Westmeadows is expected to formally announce Swan’s signing later in the week.
Hillside swoops onto new signings