- The outpouring of support started as soon as Dave Letterman's musical guest, Mike Mills of R.E.M., broke the news on Twitter.
- — Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow)Thu, Apr 03 2014 21:20:37David @Letterman announced he's retiring in 2015. It's been 31 incredible years. Television won't be the same without you, Dave.
- And Letterman confirmed later in the day.
- So now that Dave is out in 2015, who should host?
- Finding someone named Jimmy might be a tall order. What about a guy named Tyler, Conan or Louis?
- — Buy Metal Shelving (@MetalShelving)Thu, Apr 03 2014 21:42:10
- Louis does have experience -- of sorts -- hosting "Late Show."
- But what about hiring a woman to host "Late show"?
- — Steven Smith (@StevenSmithsays)Thu, Apr 03 2014 20:44:35Letterman retiring? I hope he's replaced by a funny white dude. They are so under served in late night television.
- — Lena Dunham (@lenadunham)Thu, Apr 03 2014 21:11:39I love Letterman but I am really excited about what this could mean for the diversification of late night. Trying not to be a pessimist...
- — Ryan Patrick Dolan (@RPDplays)Thu, Apr 03 2014 21:31:37there are plenty of qualified people to do it. if CBS doesn't hire a female to host Late Show, twitter is going to break. #Figurativehashtag
David Letterman quits "Late Show," so who should host?
David Letterman, long-time host of the "The Late Show," is calling it quits in 2015 after hosting for 22 years. Who will take over the reins of the show when he leaves?
byDonovanFarnham1 Like327 Views