- — Richard Oelmann (@Oelmann_Richard)Thu, Mar 24 2016 17:33:35#mootieuk16 As always a huge thanks to Gavin and team for organising another successful Moot! See you next year!
- — Domi Sinclair (@Domi_Sinclair)Thu, Mar 24 2016 16:47:33@neesh79 our 'MyPortfolio' (aka Mahara) FAQs https://wiki.ucl.ac.uk/display/Mahara/MyPortfolio+FAQs …
- — Domi Sinclair (@Domi_Sinclair)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:57:46Uni of Glasgow: Know your limits, E.g. Time/resource. Me: Agree, make sure SM also know teams limits and adjust appropriately #mootieuk16
- — Domi Sinclair (@Domi_Sinclair)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:53:55Uni of Glasgow: It's important to be confident the technology will work when talking to staff, don't make them nervous #mootieuk16
- — Brett Lucas (@brettaki)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:37:51#mootieuk16 How much support documentation is too much? How do you not reinvent the wheel constantly...need to encourage self-sufficiency
- — Rachel Temple (@RJ_Temple)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:37:55Good point - should we spend time rewriting support docs each tme we upgrade, or should we use what is already available #mootieuk16
- — David Hatton (@DHZeroOne)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:39:40#mootieuk16 Give a student an answer and they're happy for a day. Give them a wiki and they can help everyone around them for years.
- — Neesh Charles (@neesh79)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:40:15
- — Sam Taylor (@samwisefox)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:42:15
- — Sam Taylor (@samwisefox)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:39:01
- — Domi Sinclair (@Domi_Sinclair)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:24:02@Mercurially_D Poor Tay. She was so innocent and Twitter showed her it's bad side and led her down a bad path! She was happier in GroupMe!
- — Domi Sinclair (@Domi_Sinclair)Thu, Mar 24 2016 15:21:41Uni of Glasgow: learning online student course prepares students for learning online. Gets them familiar with the technology. #mootieuk16
MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2016
A collection of all my tweets, re-tweets and conversations on Twitter during MoodleMoot UK & IE #mootieuk16
byDomi Sinclair13 Views