- — Ian Thomas Ash (@DocumentingIan)Fri, Apr 29 2016 09:59:163 weeks ago, I shared story of Mr. Hata whose dying wish was to be reunited w/ T, the son he'd not seen in 30 yrs. https://storify.com/DocumentingIan/mr-hata-and-t-a-reunion-after-30 …
- — Ian Thomas Ash (@DocumentingIan)Fri, Apr 29 2016 10:08:15Mr Hata was so happy to reunite w/ T and meet his wife & daughter. He'd worried w/out a dad growing up, T wouldn't get married or have kids.
- — Ian Thomas Ash (@DocumentingIan)Fri, Apr 29 2016 10:53:39By Tuesday, Mr Hata no longer spoke and by Wednesday mostly slept. Dr Konta & her team of nurses made sure he was comfortable & in no pain.
- — Ian Thomas Ash (@DocumentingIan)Fri, Apr 29 2016 10:56:10Today, exactly 3 weeks to the day of his reunion w/ T, Mr Hata's final wish came true: to die at home, painlessly & in his sleep.
- — Sylvester Sam (@Samintiarto24)Fri, Apr 29 2016 11:22:58@DocumentingIan Rest in peace Mr Hata. It's a great pleasure to know you through the stories Ian shared. And thanks Ian for sharing.
- — BeerTengoku (@TengokuBeer)Fri, Apr 29 2016 12:02:15@DocumentingIan only knew him for a short time, but felt a lifetime of pain and happiness in that time. May he and his family be at peace.
- — Micaela (ミカエラ) (@ciaela)Fri, Apr 29 2016 16:30:55@DocumentingIan Thank you for your touching story, Ian, and thank you Mr. Hata for allowing us a glimpse into such a raw and private life.
Mr. Hata, a postscript
3 weeks after a dying man meets his son for the first time in 30 years
byIan Thomas Ash1 Like232 Views