- Except where otherwise noted, these are real comments from real Brits, as determined by Twitter.
As with most baby celebrations, it started with the "squee!" crowd.
- Running parallel with the "squee!" was a little hyperventilation. Slow down there, buddy — maybe sit down and take a couple of deep breaths.
- Slate curates the Web coverage of the royal baby news, which generally has been the journalistic equivalent of "squee!" and/or hyperventilation.
Many tweeters offered suggestions or made requests, the most popular of which was angling for another "bank holiday" day off, like the one on the day of William and Kate's wedding. Some others:
- On the American side of the pond, a blog recommended baby gifts for little Third-in-Line, such as a Caviar Kid Snack Pack.
Finally, there were some individuals who brought up aspects of this news one simply does not discuss in polite company.
- Meanwhile bookmakers are foreseeing a healthy market for betting on what they'll name the latest royal. Among the current leaders: Elizabeth, Charles and Diana.