- Tracking as major news networks, newspapers and political blogs called states for candidates during the 2012 presidential election.
- For Obama (96 votes): Iowa (6), Pennsylvania (20), Wisconsin (10), New Hampshire (4), Minnesota (10), Ohio (18), Colorado (9), Nevada (6), Virginia (13)
- For Romney (15 votes): North Carolina (15)
- Undecided (29 votes): Florida (29)
TIMELINE OF RESULTS FROM ALL STATES AND TERRITORIES
- Undecided: Florida
Alaska - Mitt Romney
- 2:05 a.m. EST - CNN, CBS News and Politico call Alaska for Mitt Romney. Romney gains three electoral votes, bringing Obama's winning margin to 303-206.
President Barack Obama celebrates with supporters
- 1:39 a.m. EST: President Barack Obama speaks to supporters after winning his bid for re-election.
Mitt Romney concedes election in speech to supporters
- 12:56 a.m. EST - In a speech to supporters at his headquarters in Boston, Mass., Mitt Romney announces he has conceded the election to President Barack Obama.
Mitt Romney calls Barack Obama to concede election
- 12:51 a.m. EST - According to an aide of Barack Obama, Mitt Romney called the president to concede the election.
Virginia - Barack Obama
- 12:40 a.m. EST - AP calls Virginia for Barack Obama. Obama gains 13 electoral votes, extending winning margin to 303-203.
Nevada - Barack Obama
- 11:55 p.m. EST - AP calls Nevada for Barack Obama. Obama gains six electoral votes, extending winning margin to 290-203.
Colorado - Barack Obama
- 11:48 p.m. EST - AP calls Colorado for Barack Obama. Obama gains nine electoral votes, extending winning margin to 284-203.
Ohio - Barack Obama (clinches reelection)
- 11:18 p.m. EST - AP calls Ohio for Barack Obama. Obama gains 18 electoral votes, clinching a second presidential term. He leads Romney, 275-203.
Oregon - Barack Obama
As seen ondailycamera.com
2012 presidential election results
Tracking as networks called each state during the 2012 presidential election.
byDigital First Media2 Likes20,678 Views