- Tracking the results of key Senate races and ballot initiatives across the country.
- Arizona, Connecticut, Indiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin had tossup races that helped determine control of the Senate. The Democratic party managed to retain control.
- Arizona: Jeff Flake (R) defeats Richard Carmona (D)
- Connecticut: Chris Murphy (D) defeats Linda McMahon (R)
- Indiana: Joe Donnelly (D) defeats Richard Mourdock (R)
- Massachusetts: Elizabeth Warren (D) defeats Scott Brown (R)
- Missouri: Claire McCaskill (D) defeats Todd Akin (R)
- Montana: Jon Tester (D) defeats Dennis Rehberg (R)
- Nevada: Dean Heller (R) defeats Shelley Berkley (D)
- North Dakota: Heidi Heitkamp (D) defeats Rick Berg (R)
- Virginia: Tim Kaine (D) defeats George Allen (R)
- Wisconsin: Tammy Baldwin (D) defeats Tommy Thompson (R)
- Arkansas, Colorado, Massachusetts, Montana, Oregon and Washington had ballot initiatives referencing marijuana.
- Arkansas' ballot measure to legalize the use of medical marijuana was voted down.
- Colorado's ballot measure to legalize the use of marijuana passed.
- Massachusetts' ballot measure to legalize the use of medical marijuana was approved.
- Montana's ballot measure to repeal I-148, a medical marijuana program approved in 2004, passed.
- Oregon's ballot measure to legalize marijuana failed.
- Washington's ballot measure to legalize the growth and distribution of marijuana passed.
- Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington had ballot initiatives referencing same-sex marriage.
As seen ontwincities.com
Results: 2012 key Senate and ballot initiative results
Tracking the results of key Senate races and ballot initiatives across the country.
byDigital First Media20,045 Views