- Sugar Bowl: No. 22 Louisville (10-2, 5-2 Big East) vs. No. 4 Florida (11-1, 7-1 SEC).
- Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 8:30 p.m. ET from New Orleans
- TV: ESPN; broadcasters: Sean McDonough and Chris Speilman
- Odds: Florida -13
- Florida ran through the SEC with the only blemish being a loss to Georgia in October. The Gators have been exceptionally strong when it comes to turnovers, as their plus-17 turnover differential is tied for first in the nation. However, in their loss, the Gators turned the ball over six times.
- The Gators have played close games all season, six of them, to be exact. They've won five of the six games that were decided by one score.
- Louisville quarterback Terry Bridgewater led the Big East this season with a 161.6 passer rating, good for seventh in the nation. He also threw for 25 touchdowns during the season. He'll be countered by a Florida defense that was ranked fifth in the nation, and limited opponents to only 186 yards per game in the air.
Keep in mind
- This is the fifth time that Louisville has won 10 games in a season. Each time, they've gone on to win their bowl game. This is their second BCS bowl, where they're 1-0.