- Of course, there was coffee -- and lots of Blue for WDD!!
- There were some sobering stats, especially from the International Diabetes Federation that released its latest D-Atlas about global stats on diabetes.
But most inspiring was the COMMUNITY, where D-stories and "positive" vibes were shared in all shapes and forms, both online and offline.
- PWD and Team Type 1 founder Phil Southerland made news that he's forming his own foundation (appropriately named the Team Type 1 Foundation) with the aim of addressing global disparities in diabetes.
- Our Type 1 D-peep Kim Vlasnik launched the "Diabetes Won't Stop Me" video campaign with Jerry the Bear creators, and the DOC voices began pouring in.
- People everywhere were doing the Big Blue Test, and although it stretched into the following day on Nov. 15, we DID reach the goal of 20,000 entries and got some great money to incredible diabetes charities to help PWDs in need! Way to go, all!
- And of course, there was the 2nd World Diabetes Day Chat on Twitter (#WDDchat13) that brought two dozen hosts together from across the world to connect and converse.
- WE TRENDED!!!! Go, Diabetes Online Community!
- And of course, there was a special DSMA Live on the evening of World Diabetes Day, live from Indianapolis - where we had a small but intimate group getting together at the Lewis Wagner law firm. #WDDIndy2013