- The Deputy Prime Minister opened the conference with a speech setting out his vision for mental health services.
- During his speech, he called for a "zero suicide" ambition for all NHS trusts:
- The "zero suicide ambition" is already in place in a Mental Health Trust in Merseyside, as well in the South West and the East of England regions. A mental health programme in Detroit, USA, which signed up to the "zero suicide" commitment, has reported 2 and a half years without a single patient suicide.
- The Deputy Prime Minister then took questions before a lively panel debate.
- Mental health campaigners shared their stories:
Background on mental health
- View a timeline of government's achievements on mental health so far: