- Craig Newmark,
Founder of Craigslist, CSR blog: craigconnects.org/aboutThe blog provides an offering to "Meet Craig" and delivers an inviting feeling: simple imagery of himself, verbiage, and a list of all of Craig"s social media profiles.
CEO of Dell, Twitter account: twitter.com/#!/MichaelDell
Director of Marketing for Dell's Web & Tech vertical, Twitter account: twitter.com/#!/barton808
Pres/CEO of LAF, Twitter account:
- Be Human
People don"t want to speak to a company or product they want to speak to the person, so just be yourself!Example: Brian Dunn, Best Buy CEO
- Speak with a Distinctive Voice
Demonstrate your expertise - offer your opinions and point of view in your field.
Example: Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/launching-low-carbon-fuel-with-virgin-atlantic …
Give Them Something to Talk About
Offer valuable content that people will want to share in their own communities.
Example: Frank Rauch, Hewlett-Packard VP, Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking twitter.com/#!/FrankRauchHP
Connect Your Existing Contacts To Your Communities
Example: Robert Eidson, SAP, Human Resources Business Partner connects his Twitter handle (@RobertSAPHR) with his LinkedIn profile
- Engage! Respond back to those that have taken the time to reach out or mention you. Insert yourself in relevant conversations where you can add your voice and offer value in the form of thought leadership or content. Example:
http://twitter.com/#!/Padmasree/status/ … 114019995666743296
- Content that includes links has a higher share rate (Rts and shares on Facebook and Twitter). Content with errors (spelling or weird abbreviations) is not shared as often.
- Know and Follow Your Influencers
There are many tools, sites and lists to help you connect with influencers. Make sure you follow them! Here are top tips for finding:
-Resource for finding other executives on Twitter: twitter.com/#!/exectweets
-Visit muckrack.com, a site that lists journalists by topic and publication. Follow all the journalists that you are friendly with already.
-Visit wefollow.com, this is a site where twitter account holders register their account under relevant tags/keywords. For example a search for "teacher" finds over 2,800 registered accounts; "journalist" over 5,000 accounts and "gadgets" 1,800 accounts.
-Simply do a search on Google. Several blogs share top 100 lists in key areas. E.g. top 100 cloud computing bloggers, or CIOs on Twitter.
- Visit Listorious.com to find lists of twitter users relevant to you. Search and follow a list relevant to your role: CIO, Gov20, CloudComputing etc.-Visit Klout.com and search for the twitter account of one of your online influencers. Near the bottom of the page will be displayed
Richard Branson uses Google+ to connect with business leaders and media: http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/social-interactions-with-google-zeitgeist-google …
- Article on how to use LinkedIn to build influence:
Key Influencers by Platform
HP http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/Technology-for-Business/ct-p/TechnologyForBusiness …
Twitter - Technology NewsHandles (LIST)TechCrunch, @techcrunch
Wired Magazine, @wired
Pete Cashmore, @mashable
David Pogue, @Pogue
CNET News, @CNETNews
CNN Tech, @cnntech
NY Times Technology, @nytimestech
Huffington Post Technology, @HuffPostTech
Forbes.com Technology News, @ForbesTech
Twitter - Tech IndustryIBM Industry Solution Partners, @ibmpartners
HP Official News, @HPnews
Intel Official News, @intelnews
Cisco Systems, @CiscoSystems
Sony Electronics, @SonyElectronics
Samsung USA, @Samsungtweets
Social Media Handles
Altimeter Group, Charlene Li @Charleneli@jowyang
Buddy Media, @BuddyMedia
Biz Stone, @biz
Jack Dorsey, @Jack
Randi Zuckerberg, @randizuckerberg